The Signal Hound BB60A Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer and RF Recorder is the newest addition to the Signal Hound family of products. Utilizing a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed link, the BB60A streams 140 MB/sec of digitized RF data to your PC, 14-bit samples at 80 million samples per second, with 20 MHz of useable bandwidth.
As a spectrum analyzer, our proprietary Application Programming Interface (API) performs up to 1.2 million FFTs every second, delivering real-time spectrum data to our open-source Graphical User Interface (GUI), or to your own software application. Because of these immense processing requirements, we recommend a desktop PC with an Intel i7-2600 or better, or a laptop with an i7-3612QM or better.
As an RF recorder, the BB60A requires a hard drive capable of 250 MB/sec sustained sequential write speed. Our open-source "FM Demo" demonstrates this capability by streaming the entire 88-108 MHz FM radio band to disk. You can listen to any two radio stations simultaneously from live data or recorded data. Remember to budget 10 GB of disk space per minute of recording.
Our open-source spectrum analyzer software features a 2-D waterfall or 3-D topographical view, as well as a GPU-accelerated color persistence mode. Normally undetectable events are easily seen in this mode. Turn on color persistence to see what you’ve been missing! |
The picture (right) shows a real-time capture of an HP 8662A stepping between two frequencies. You can see exactly what happens in the frequency domain as the PLLs unlock and lock during the transition, illustrating the power of the BB60A as a development tool.
If your application requires GPS time stamping of streaming RF data, the BB60A supports a 1 pulse-per-second (1-PPS) input, which provides 50 ns (4 sample) timing accuracy.
We also feature time-gated spectrum analysis, allowing you to specify a gate length and a gate delay relative to a provided trigger. This allows you to see the spectrum at a specific time, for example to view the spectrum during the "on" time of a pulse-modulated signal.
Read More →
- RF Frequency Range: 9 kHz to 6 GHz
- Wide dynamic range: -151 dBm to +10 dBm
- Resolution bandwidths (RBW) of 10 Hz to 10 MHz
- No external power supply needed - draws power from USB
- Powerful Digital Signal Processing happens on the PC
- Software and Hardware included for one low price
- Use our API (Application Programming Interface) to develop your own applications
- Get started quickly by customizing the included open-source GUI.
- Digitized IF Data at 80 million samples per second
- 20 MHz instantaneous bandwidth
- Up to 24 GHz/sec sweep speed (≥10 kHz native RBW)
- Compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed communications
- 140 MB/sec sustained throughput to PC
- Measures only 8 inches long
Data Sheet →
View the Demos →
Read the User Manual →
Read the Programmmer's Manual →